Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Operations
Functional Title - Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Operations TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services marketplace. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. Describe the Role (2-4 sentences):
The Production Control team provides 24x7 support for all batch requests and one-time changes. The team monitors and enforces defined OLAs and SLAs and handles targeted application recovery supporting multiple ESP (Automated Workload Scheduler) environments. Production Control processes mainframe and distributed requests, handles abend resolution, maintains exception alerting logic and works closely with application-aligned support on batch-oriented requirements. The management scope of Production Control includes Production, DR and Test environments and is concentrated on monitoring and recovery elements.
Implements, remediates, and provides full support for batch activities in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation; works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Analyses user requirements and recommends appropriate fixes for remediation. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine efficient remediation action. Reviews new/modified batch requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Key responsibilities include:
• Abend Recovery
• Request Processing
• Batch Scheduling
• Incident Escalation
• Incident / Problem Management
• Metric Reporting
• Code Deployment Qualifications:
First three bullet points are standard language below specific to each job:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of related infrastructure experience
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Required Qualifications:
(Most important to least) • Control M, CA ESP (Automated Workload Scheduler) • z/OS
• Microsoft Office Preferred Qualifications:
(Most important to least)
• UNIX/Windows OS Knowledge
• Shell Scripting BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.