Senior Associate, IT Auditor
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 16 août 18 2018-08-16
Senior Associate, IT Auditor
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This position will play a role in all phases of IT audits including planning, scoping, control assessment, test design and execution, and reporting. The position will be based in the Company's headquarters in New York City and will report directly to the Corporate Vice President managing the IT audit team. The role focuses on technology audits and advisory services, as well as integrated audits within the insurance, agency, investments, and corporate functions universe. This position will also be responsible for assisting with ongoing risk assessment and continuous monitoring activities.
Participate in all phases of IT audits in the Company's New York City Home Office, major data centers, field offices, and subsidiaries in the U.S. and international locations. IT audits are focused on infrastructure, application systems, IT general controls, and processes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in planning, scoping and executing IT audits under the direction of the audit in-charge. This includes interviewing clients, participating in process walkthroughs, documenting and assessing risks and controls, assessing system configurations and access, and evaluating and validating the design and operating effectiveness of application and IT general controls.
- Lead some IT audit engagements or large sections of engagements.
- Communicate efficiently with clients during and between audits.
- Advise the audit in-charge of audit progress and issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of controls
- Determine technical and business impact of identified internal controls and provide remediation guidance to clients
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology
- Assist the team and department to provide advisory services when required or requested
- Travel 10% - 15% domestic and international, in addition to occasional travel to offices in the tri-state area
- Minimum of three to five years of IT auditing experience. Experience in auditing Risk, Insurance, Finance and/or Investment systems is desirable. Experience within either Internal Audit or relevant Big 4 consultancy is a plus.
- Solid technology knowledge across a diverse range of IT environments (e.g., Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mainframe) and emerging IT trends
- Experience in IT internal controls and their applicability with regards to financial reporting and information systems support processes
- Good understanding of relevant regulations and industry standards (e.g., SSAE 16/SOC, SOX, COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001, PCI, HIPPA and GLBA) and best practices and methodologies to address these requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Accounting, or other quantitative discipline preferred (other Bachelor's degrees may be considered)
- Currently holds or is committed to pursuing professional audit certification such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Proven ability to multi-task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Strong communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability influence change
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.