Senior Data Engineer - Exchange Products
Our client's need to be permissioned to use exchange data because different data providers have different policies and rules on who can access their data, and some require data fees. Our team develops product management and clients access control systems across the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products. We build applications for users to manage exchange products, including onboarding, configuration, contacts & billing, reporting, business intelligence, etc.
We integrate with different Bloomberg systems and develop a high-performance infrastructure for various Bloomberg applications to query whether a client has access to content on various Terminal or Enterprise products. Our applications help our clients stay ahead of the markets in a very dynamic environment. We develop various tools around our data warehouse for reporting and business intelligence. The system tightly integrates with SAP systems for payment and billing.
We primarily use C++ and Python on UNIX and Linux platform. For data warehouse and reporting, we use Greenplum, Informatica, Cognos, tidal etc. We adopt the latest Bloomberg development and deployment methodology; we keep bringing new Bloomberg and Open Source technologies onboard.
What's in it for you?
Are you motivated to build robust and scalable systems to handle trillions of data points, with billions of new data points being ingested monthly? As a hands-on ETL architect and developer you will be working with traditional and modern technologies to enhance our capabilities to analyze large volumes of data with complex business rules. You will work with the business to elicit requirements and implement them in an agile fashion. Our environment combines various warehouse technologies.
Need to have:
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of experience with DBMS, ETL tools
- Advanced SQL capabilities are required. Knowledge of database design techniques and experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- Programming experience in Python
- Familiarity with data warehouse and reporting technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Knowledge of RDBMS, MPP systems
- Familiarity with ETL tools like Informatica and reporting tool Cognos.
- Programming experience with creating middle-layer application services
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
- Experience collaborating the project with business and multiple teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.