Senior Financial Analyst - Enterprise Data Sales Finance Support
Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas - accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our open culture allows us to learn, challenge, and support each other's creative ideas, instilling growth and development. What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are looking for a financial analyst to join our larger finance team supporting the Sales organization. You will be responsible for using our extensive data sources to provide solutions to urgent business questions, financial / operational insight, and reporting. You will also be responsible for building tools that serve longer term needs. Your attention to detail and strong reporting and analytical skills will help you be successful in this role! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop and maintain financial reports and models covering topics such as sales performance, customer retention, pipeline management and other KPIs
- Partner with global senior sales and operational leaders to implement sales metrics, develop sales strategies, set targets and evaluate sales performance results
- Maintain and enhancement of sophisticated sales and revenue models to ensure alignment and accountability of business performance
- Provide support to senior leadership across sales, product and key stakeholders to support ad-hoc requests, quarterly financial updates and annual business planning presentations for the management committee
- Support business partners with day-to-day analytics including execution of global sales campaigns, enhancing sales pipeline analytics and ensuring proper sales and pipeline management standards are maintained
- Create management reporting packages including business performance/results and variance analysis for sales and pipeline in a timely and consistent manner
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Build dashboards, custom visualizations and ad hoc analysis on large data sets, using Excel, -Tableau, SAP and other tools as needed
We'd Love to See:
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in a finance role supporting a line of business
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, while succinctly summarizing conclusions for management
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexibility to work in a fairly unstructured and fast-moving environment
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
Does this sound like you?
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience in financial services or a financial data provider industry a strong plus
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg terminal useful, but not required.
- Understanding of front, middle and back office activities is helpful
- Experience with SAP, MS Access
- Tableau or Qlik and VBA experience
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.