Senior Front End Engineer - Media Platform
Media Platform team specializes in providing Multimedia Solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds end to end Media and Real Time Communication Tools and Workflows.
Our team delivers market driven multimedia content to our customers with interactive user experience at industry leading low latency. Our product portfolio includes Media Streaming Platform, Media Connect Platform, Speech Platform (for Speech to Text), Telephony Platform and a suite of Media Applications. The Role:
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team to contribute to expanding our rich set of media applications. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of media applications for our clients. This work demands close collaboration with multiple partners such as Product, UX design, VX, Network, and other engineering teams.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think creatively. This is a very exciting opportunity because of the visibility and impact of these client-facing applications. You'll get the chance to:
What's in it for you?
- Develop and enhance the latest media player to deliver our multimedia content in both live and on-demand formats
- Develop and enhance the real-time applications to expand our content acquisition such as Earnings Calls, Real Time and Telephony Communication
- Develop Quality of Experience and Analytics system for monitoring user experience
You will need to have:
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to build and extend Media Products and Infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Opportunity to be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
We would love to see:
- 3+ years of experience building Rest services using Python
- Experience using C++ and shell scripts
- Experience using distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Python Django and nginx
- Experience working with open source toolkits like Bento, ffmpeg, Asterisk and webrtc
- Experience with media formats (mp4, webm) and streaming protocols (MSS, DASH)
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.