Senior Fullstack Engineer - Multimedia Real Time Applications
The Media Platform team specializes in providing Multimedia Solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds End to End Media and Real Time Communication Tools and Workflows.
Our team delivers market driven multimedia content to our customers with interactive user experience at industry leading low latency. Our product portfolio includes Media Streaming Platform, Media Connect Platform, Speech Platform (for Speech to Text), Telephony Platform and a suite of Media Applications. The Role:
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team to contribute to building our rich suite of Real Time Applications. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of both front end and back end infrastructure and applications. This work demands close collaboration with multiple partners such as Product, UX design, VX, Network, and other engineering teams.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think creatively. This is a very exciting opportunity because of the visibility and impact of this product. What we are working on:
What's in it for you?
- Developing and enhancing real-time applications
- Design Scalable and Reliable Backend Infrastructure
- Research Innovative ways to Serve Client Requirements with Real time media
You will need to have:
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to building and extending Real time Applications and Infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Opportunity to be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Opportunity to contribute to open source
We would love to see:
- 3+ years of experience with C++ programming
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience working with WebRTC or similar video conferencing frameworks
- Experience with media formats (MP4, WebM), codecs (VP8, VP9, Opus) and video conferencing protocols/standards
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.