Senior Index Manager- Thematic Indices
Senior Index Manager The Location:
New York, USA The Level:
11 (Internal purposes) The Team:
The US/Canada Index Management team within the Global Index Management & Production Group manages a wide range of high-profile indices built on US and Canadian equities. The Impact:
The Senior Index Manager is responsible for maintaining a wide range S&P Thematic equity indices, including an index family which uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and to create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions tracking stocks associated with a series of technologically enabled, often disruptive industries. The Senior Index Manager is required to ensure that the indices are managed in accordance with their methodologies, perform routine analysis and make presentations to Index Committees on a periodic basis. What's in it for you:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leading index provider. As a Senior Index Manager, you will work on a wide range of thematic equity indices across global markets and analyze and implement complex index methodology, as well as solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis. As a Senior Index Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of an assigned group of indices, make recommendations for index membership and present changes to index committees. Responsibilities:
The Senior Index Manager will be a subject matter expert on S&P Thematic equity indices, an example and escalation point for more junior team members, as well as a potential back-up for the team lead.
In addition, the Senior Index Manager will be required to:
What We're Looking For: Qualifications:
- Calculate S&P and Dow Jones branded indices, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of real-time and end-of-day index data to clients and end users.
- Ensure corporate actions affecting constituents in each assigned index are correctly applied in the SPDJI proprietary system according to index methodology and validate special treatment for index specific items.
- Perform analytical research on companies to determine the composition of assigned indices, interpreting financial data and index methodology.
- Perform index rebalances by interpreting index methodology, running models and research for adds/drops, implementing changes, and communicating these appropriately to clients, all with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Serve on the index committees and make presentations of original, non-routine analysis to committees in support of the indices for which the Senior Index Manager is responsible.
- Take responsibility for the management of high-profile indices, acting as a subject matter expert and displaying in-depth knowledge of our product lines.
- Manage and maintain key relationships with other groups within the department and across other departments, particularly Product Management, Client Coverage, Index Services, and IT Support.
- Work in close coordination with the technology group and production support group to further enhance our system capabilities.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve; requirements gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of data, and documentation.
- Must have the ability to train new and current employees on best-practices for index management.
- Update index methodology on an as-needed basis in coordination with clients and other staff and the index committee to ensure indices remain relevant and investible.
- Work with clients, R&D and index development teams to oversee the launch of new indices.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Bachelor's Degree. CFA or Graduate degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience working with financial indices, equity analysis, research, or data analysis.
- Understanding of global financial markets, emerging industries, and company fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of how indices are used, the impact of different methodologies, corporate event events on both indices and financial portfolios. Prior experience with corporate action research, stock-screening, index rebalancing preferred.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Python, SQL, and/or VBA. Strong grasp of data science and machine learning principles would be an advantage.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com . Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $154,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
268261 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States