The EMSX Frontend Engineering team builds critical trading software for the world's biggest institutional firms. We provide buy-side firms the ability to connect to a large network of 3000+ brokers and offer sell-side firms the necessary workflows to effectively manage their client flow. Traders depend on EMSX to execute critical trades that move the financial markets around the world. With more than a trillion dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on speed.
We develop various trading functionalities with TypeScript in R+ as the frontend and RPaaS, Python or modern C++ (C++ 14/17) as the backend. We also leverage various industry standard technologies such as React, Redux, Kafka, Solr, and Redis.
Complete CI/CD automation is another main driver of the team. We believe that the developer's time should be spent on creative tasks while any repetitive and mundane work should be automated by machines. In general, our technology stack and practices are more aligned with the industry as opposed to the traditional Bloomberg standard. What's in it for you:
You'll need to have:
- An opportunity to participate in building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and real-time systems with the goal of being able to process millions of transactions daily.
- You'll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies.
- You will have access to Bloomberg's wide array of training resources where you can learn everything from machine learning to how financial markets work.
- You'll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and build software that helps shape their future direction.
We'd love to see:
- A good understanding of basic concepts of unit testing and a willingness to practice TDD
- Robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- A desire to learn and be challenged to come up with creative solutions to tough engineering problems.
- Experience in React and Redux
- Interest in adopting open source technologies to the team
- Experience developing workflow driven applications.
- Experience with high throughput, low latency, and high availability distributed systems.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.