Senior Java Engineer - Regulatory Platform
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our team builds the solutions that keep our global company running, and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner. What we do:
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been steadfast for global investment firms, banks, broker dealers etc. Bloomberg's Regulatory Reporting Services [BRRS] is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, EMIR, MiFIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We're investing in this business and building out a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services business. What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced Java server-side developer with a passion for delivering innovative client solutions. The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team building and maintaining solutions critical to help our clients meet ever evolving regulatory requirements. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be a key player in the driving seat of our regulatory product offering.
- Be able to both work independently and collaborate with your teammates to design, develop and deliver high quality mission critical flows.
- Collaborate with BA, QA, Implementations, and Support.
- Participate in code, design reviews, and planning.
- Take pride in your work and be serious about code quality.
- Be flexible to work with teams in different time zones.
We'd love to see:
- Extensive experience in server-side Java development.
- Deep understanding of software design and development best practices.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Commitment to deliver good quality software with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Professional experience with spring framework especially spring integration, spring batch, spring security.
- Cloud experience especially with AWS.
- Experience in handling large amounts of data.