Our client is a global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in North America with their US hub supported out of New York, the institution provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management.
Due to growth in the Prime Brokerage division, the institution is looking to add a Senior Margin Analyst to their Midtown office. The Senior Margin Analyst is responsible for the day to day operations that relate to Margin regulations, payments, receipts and collateral movements.
- Processing of the day to day transactions of the Margin department.
- Ensures firms compliance with all FINRA and SEC Margin regulations and house risk policies.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place for daily margin calls and collateral movements.
- Faces off as firm subject matter expert with Risk Department, Auditors and Local regulators.
- Provide educational guidance and mentoring of less experienced team members.
- Manages and drives execution of large and small-scale department projects and initiatives including technology components.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations in the department more scalable.
- Point of escalation for external clients and business partners regarding margin topics
- Continuously monitoring processes and regulations to ensure the firm is current with any changes in the margin rules or vendor applications.
- Develop department risk and monitoring metrics.
- Proficient in Federal Reserve Regulation T and Portfolio Margin FINRA 4210 rules and regulations
- Proficient in risk methodology, rules based and risk metrics
- In depth experience within Portfolio Margin and Reg T daily calculations and requirements
- Experience with Dash Financial (Len Boles) Portfolio Margin calculation software product
- Experience with SunGard product
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized, and displays a relentless focus on customer service and customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional manner
- Holds self-accountable for high personal and professional standards
- Advanced skills in Excel and desktop products