Senior Principal, Product Management & Strategy – Senior Sell-Side Expert
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 16 août 18 2018-08-16
Senior Principal, Product Management & Strategy – Senior Sell-Side Expert
• Leads Product Management, Development and Strategy for Collateral Management Product solutions with a specific focus on the specific commercial and regulatory requirements for the North American market region (US & Canada). Responsible for defining the product strategy and roadmap for this region.
• Responsible for defining the strategy that drives product development and leads through to delivery. An important element of that will be the re-design of the Collateral Management Product Strategy for the modernisation of the existing IT-Architecture.
• Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics.
• Helps navigate the challenge ofdefining a new technology target state and product architecture while considering the dependencies and challenges of the collateral management business. The successful candidate will responsible for:
o optimizing the product strategy and implementation for the sell-side and agent lenders community to protect the current franchise, while at the same time defining the product strategy for the repo-market and the fixed income segment of this client group; with a specific focus on the needs of the "Americas" region and the integration with US Domestic Collateral Management Business
o refining the target state operating model for the Global Collateral Management Business alongside the Domestic Tri-Party Business, considering resolution & recovery planning needs, and determining the business structure in a post BREXIT environment. Close co-ordination with the EMEA Head of Product Management & Strategy will be required
o working closely with the senior product specialists in defining the buy-side strategy for the Collateral Management Business, taking into consideration the interactions with the existing sell-side franchise and the re-design of the IT Architecture
• In addition to leading individual product enhancement requests, the role will require market analysis to ensure we always understand, and continuously represent, the specific business requirements of the North Americas region, as well as ensuring profitability and penetration goals for the market are met. This applies across the different product development initiatives and requires work in partnership with the European and APAC team to provide on-going input into the Product Development Cycle.
• Responsible as an interface manager to the US-Based Legal Team to ensure that Collateral Management Product can accommodate the specific requirements of the US Legal and Regulatory Framework.
• Representing BNY Mellon in respective industry working groups.
• Responsible as an interface manager to BDS Domestic Collateral Management Product Team, as well as the Markets US-based Segregation Product team, and to ensure alignment for the two-teams on prioritization of Product Development Requests to Collateral & Clearance IT.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
• Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed. May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
• Must have market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors. Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
• Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability and employs a client-focused, strategic approach.
• Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
• He/She requires a deep understanding of the Collateral business, the securities lending business, the financial industry in general and the changing regulatory environment. He/She should also have a deep understanding of the global debt and equity markets.
• He/She should have the ability to strategically design structures and processes that will create innovative value added services that enable them to scale their business.
• Has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments, regulatory requirements and competitor services/offerings for collateral management. Must demonstrate specific regional market knowledge to integrate the demands of the US region.
• 10 years of minimum relevant work experience from a Sell-Side firm in Securities Finance industry preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. Bachelor or MBA degree preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
• Manages the product life cycle from development through marketing for key products. Collaborates with senior leaders to implement enhancements to products that bridge gaps in firm product portfolio. Establishes the criteria for product line evaluation, pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability. Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm.
• Leadership Responsibility: Over time, the goal is to build up a small Product Management &Strategy Team in the U.S. and the individual would take leadership responsibility for that team. Takes an active role in the development and coaching of Product Managers. Brings leadership experience from previous roles.
• He/She will be expected to document, implement and communicate new services and enhancements into the organisation and serve as the strategic subject matter expert (SME) for assigned product (s)/project(s).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70659
Job: Global Markets
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1812691