Senior Product Manager, Credit Solutions (RatingsDirect)
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 25 mai 18 2018-05-25
Senior Product Manager, Credit Solutions (RatingsDirect)
The Role: Senior Product Manager, Credit Solutions (RatingsDirect)
The Location: New York, New York
The Impact: You are responsible for the development and management of the flagship commercial desktop offering, RatingsDirect, which includes S&P's proprietary credit ratings, ratings research, risk indicators, financial data, and tools/analytics. The day-to-day work will require analysis of customer workflows, developing "user stories" and acceptance criteria, updating the product roadmap, building business cases to explore and pursue new initiatives, go-to-market planning, performing competitive analysis, and analyzing product performance to understand sales growth & drivers.
The Team: Our Credit Solutions (CS) team is a distinct business line within our Risk Services business unit that is fully dedicated to the commercial distribution of the ratings intellectual property of our Ratings division. Our combined product teams serve as a vehicle to develop solutions that integrate intellectual property across both the Ratings and Market Intelligence divisions. We bring together market-leading credit ratings data along with comprehensive analytics, company research and related data.
What's In It For You: As "product champion" you will be responsible for user experience, usability of the platform, innovation, and enhancements. You will work closely with our management, sales, marketing, client support, data, and technology functions. You will provide knowledge of product content, design and technical client requirements, prioritize improvements, and lead new product initiatives across desktop delivery platforms.
- Providing deep product knowledge and technical expertise of credit analysis workflows, and the content needs, with focus on the US Public Finance sector
- Assisting with budgeting cycle, involving bottoms-up analysis of sales trends and growth attribution
- Evaluating sales pipeline, renewal rates, price optimization
- Analyzing usage statistics and other client reporting metrics, the book of business and operating metrics, and drive go-to-market strategies
- Translating client feedback/requests into product ideas for enhancement releases
- Developing "go to market" strategy for commercial teams for new markets, product enhancements and use cases
- Collaborating with marketing and training teams to establish effective marketing tactics, packaging & positioning collateral, training materials, and sales materials
- Collaborating with counterparts in Ratings with ability to have solid understanding of the rating process
- Supporting major client relationships, client training, renewals and new business
- Ensuring commercial and legal guidelines pertaining to licensing usage of intellectual property are adhered to
- Collaborating with commercial sales, segment product managers, Ratings division and legal/regulatory teams
- BS/BA Degree required. MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressively responsible professional experience within product management, sales, and/or credit analysis
- Strong background in and understanding of technology, including financial platforms
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills and ability to deliver concise messages about the RD product to various internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work cohesively across groups; active listening, gaining consensus and support across functions; strong public speaking skills
- Hands-on experience developing and executing business plans, owning customer relationships, and managing product enhancements that lead to increased revenues
- Specialization of USPF sectors or other credit asset classes, global financial markets and/or trading & securities operations
- Understanding and knowledge of Asset Management, Investment Banking, Risk Management, and other front to middle office workflows
- Understanding of the competitor landscape for Credit Solutions business
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.