Senior Quantitative Developer - Financial Crimes Analytics
Location can be either NY or Greenwich, CT Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Job Description
IBG LLC seeks a Financial Crimes Analytics Quantitative Developer to extend our growing market surveillance group. The Quantitative Developer will help design and calibrate tools and reports used by AML Surveillance Analysts to monitor for cashiering and customer activity that may be indicative of money laundering or other suspicious patterns of activity.
IBG offers trading on approximately 100 exchanges in 25 countries and related cashiering to customers from around the world, through brokerage affiliates headquartered in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our AML and Trade Surveillance reports are designed to address this global activity, so must be tuned and calibrated to address the regulatory requirements in these jurisdictions Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and enhance quantitative models associated with our anomalous activity detection and monitoring platform
- financial activity
- account structure changes
- Create tools to allow analysts to understand alerted activity in-depth
- Refine business requirements and develop programming specifications from them
- Master's or PhD in a Quantitative Field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- 5+ years hands-on experience with financial transaction modeling
- Knowledge of financial markets, preferably in cashiering surveillance
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with python as a primary language (non-scripting)
- Fluency in python with multiple years of professional experience
- Knowledge of Java or C++
- Knowledge of software design and experience in applying it to python projects
- Experience with pandas/numpy/scipy
- Experience with data engineering
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Real-world experience with basic machine learning models such as random forests, boosting, or SVMs
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info