Fitch Solutions' Leveraged Finance Intelligence team is seeking a bright, ambitious Senior Reporter
to support our market-leading credit market research and editorial coverage.
The role involves reporting on capital markets transactions and trading that is consumed by a broad spectrum of leveraged loan and high yield market participants including investment funds, law firms, and sell-side financial institutions.
A keen eye for detail, trend spotting, and excellent writing are necessary skills for this role. A key skill is to be able to discuss loan and bond transactions in a knowledgeable manner in order to instill confidence in client interactions. We expect that candidates for this role have familiarity with the high yield bond or loan markets.
The role involves breaking news on the leveraged finance markets, producing analysis throughout new-issue stages, and covering situations in the secondary market. Coverage will include highlighting potential financing transactions and deal announcements, plus detailed, accurate analysis on transactions as they progress through syndication and pricing, and continued reports on these post issuance via coverage of the secondary market.
A successful candidate should have an analytical mind and a high level of attention to detail, and a track record in financial reporting.
The compensation for this position is competitive. Reporter generally works 9-6, although source development would require flexibility for meetings and industry events outside of work hours.
In addition, our journalist get all the benefits of working for Fitch Solutions, a leading financial information services company, while at the same time being immersed in LFI's start-up culture. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce multiple real-time stories throughout each market session detailing the progression from a deal's announcement, to its pricing and into the secondary market
- Identify key market trends and write in-depth topical pieces on longer deadlines
- Cultivate and maintain market sources
- Be motivated to take ownership of specific coverage areas within the editorial team
- Provide editorial support to other members of the team
- Be a team player - work towards group objectives, across functions and assist in the training and coaching of new joiners.
- 3 or more years' experience covering financial markets
- Proficiency with analyzing financial data
- Strong writing/editing skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under daily deadlines
- Strong grounding in credit markets
- The flexibility to carry out additional tasks as and when requested
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .