Senior Software Engineer- Integration Platform
The Enterprise Technology group provides standardized and custom programmatic access to Bloomberg's extensive financial data and is growing rapidly. We build systems that support critical parts of the global economy by ingesting, transforming and delivering billions of messages a day. The Team:
The Integration Platform team is building a modern distributed workflow execution mesh written in Golang to provide declarative, fault-tolerant and low latency processing for over 100 million messages a day. Additionally, for last-mile delivery, we are building a solution to seamlessly synchronize customers' cloud-based systems with Bloomberg's extensive financial data.
We are constantly evaluating emerging technologies and designs to optimize performance, resilience and developer experience. We face interesting and complex challenges everyday, and we want you to work with us to solve them. We heavily rely on open source technologies and intend to open source some of the projects we're working on. Our Values:
- Open Minded: we believe in always being open to new technologies
- Collaborative: we believe that the best designs are created when we work together
- Fast Paced: we frequently evaluate new, promising technologies, learning fast will go a long way!
- Meticulous: we believe in taking the time to learn how to do things the correct, idiomatic way
You'll be trusted to: take ownership of critical designs and drive them forward; engage other engineers to produce correct and simple solutions to complex problems; work directly with other teams to understand requirements; and much more. We place a strong emphasis on clean designs, extensive research and rapid prototyping; using both your existing experience and willingness to learn, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects that have a large impact. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 4+ years developing sensitive or high-performance backend systems
- Understanding of networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP/1.1, HTTP/2
- Experience building and/or working with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- Experience with Golang and/or gRPC
- Experience with containers & container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with React; we build a lot of developer tooling to operate our systems
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or GCP
At Bloomberg, we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.