Senior Software Engineer - DT Real-Time Contribution Feeds
Real-time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business, and our team develops the software infrastructure to makes this possible. The Real-time Contribution team builds the self-service platform allowing our business team across the globe to onboard real-time market data from exchanges, Central-Banks, Dealers and Traders.
The data we provide is consumed by applications across the Bloomberg platform and ultimately used by clients making the decisions that drive financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software. As a team, our goal is to build an end-to-end self-service platform that can let contribution business inspect and diagnose every part of the data flow.
As a C++/Python enthusiast in our group, you'll work on mission-critical, scalable, distributed, high-performance distribution software that provides financial data delivery to over 300,000 Bloomberg desktop customers and thousands of servers around the globe. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience of work in C++/Python
- Experience of writing micro services.
- Familiarity with debugging tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing on UNIX based platforms
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP and Multicast
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.