Senior Software Engineer - DevX Deployment Infrastructure
Bloomberg's Deployment team manages the system all 6000 engineers at Bloomberg use to deploy their code to production. The deployment system manages tens of thousands of packages, deployed to tens of thousands of machines, though tens of thousands of individual deployments, by thousands of developers and automated systems every week. We also provide the toolchain Bloomberg engineers use to manage their deployments and machines. Our goal is to provide tooling to enable Bloomberg engineers to easily follow modern industry best practices. We build this system so our engineers can focus on writing quality code without having to worry about how their software will get to their machines.
A good fit for this role is passionate about designing and building scalable systems, creating tools with a focus on user experience, and following and enabling best practices - both within your team and the larger organization. You Will Need to Have:
We'd love to see:
- Experience in software development writing object-oriented code in a high level programming language, designing large-scale applications, and writing high-quality tests
- Experience with, or an interest to work in Go
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Experience with containers such as Docker
- Experience working with a microservice based architecture
- A strong understanding of the your current development and production environments
- Developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- BA, BS, MS, PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.