Senior Software Engineer - Network Architecture Team (Contract)
Who we are:
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in a dynamic market.
In order to provide this level of service and stability of it's systems for our customers worldwide, the Network Architecture team (part of CTO organization) is responsible for building next generation global network infrastructure. As part of this initiative, we are working on automating various aspects of network management, including operations. To minimize tedious operational tasks and reduce time-to-remediate time we leverage advanced analytics and Machine Learning techniques. Our team:
As a member of this team you will be instrumental in all aspects of building a modern data ingestion and processing pipeline for consuming different types of operational signals such as logs, metrics, distributed traces, and events.
We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Automate operation, installation, and monitoring of system components in our infrastructure stack
- Work with the CTO Network Architecture team to understand their software and data needs, and design solutions to ingest, understand and present related data
- Gather requirements and synthesize software solutions to meet them
- Produce developer and operational documentation, and troubleshoot run-time issues
- Provide performance analysis and capacity planning for clusters
We'd love to see:
- Strong software development skills and ability to multitask in an Agile environment
- 5+ years experience programming in Java, Scala, Python
- 5+ years experience working with Big Data technologies such as HDFS, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Druid, etc.
- 5+ years experience working with Apache Kafka or other message queuing systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams, manage competing goals and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience working with/in containerized environments using Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher, Mesos
- Experience with Data pipelines at scale.
- Experience writing parsers/schemas for semi-structured and unstructured content
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, Cassandra and other database technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.