Senior Software Engineer - Real Time Market Data and News Feeds
Real time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business, and our team develops the software which provides it. Our feed handlers directly consume real time market data from hundreds of exchanges and financial institutions around the world and translate it into normalized streams. The data we provide is consumed by applications across the Bloomberg platform and ultimately used by clients making the decisions that drive financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software. Our goal is to be the most comprehensive and reliable source of financial data in the world.
As a member of our team, you will immediately begin delivering software which has an impact on the company and our clients. You will collaborate with business units and other development teams to drive projects dealing with data across all asset classes. You will work on a variety of short and long term projects, both to address business needs and to continually improve our infrastructure.
We are looking for a strong developer that can strike a good balance between fast, robust and maintainable code. The candidate needs to show experience in taking proactive ownership while working collaboratively. Given the mission-critical nature of our business, we are looking for someone who is passionate about the quality of the code and the product, and is willing to go above and beyond roles and responsibilities to make an impact. Join us to make a difference. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a STEM degree
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Hands on experience with C++, but similar object oriented languages such as C# or Java will suffice
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of C++, including 11/14
- Experience developing on Unix based platforms
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP, Multicast, HTTP, SOAP, etc
- Knowledge of market data, trading, or execution systems
- Experience dealing with production outages
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.