Senior Software Engineer - System of Record
System of Record is Technology Infrastructure's (TI) single source of asset identity, configuration, and relationship data. What we build is trusted as a core tool used for change management, inventory management, risk analysis and production support. Our work is a crucial component in TI's automation and self-service provisioning goals. Systems that need data about TI assets depend on us for information and are able to code against our single interface to discover a rich view of the entire estate. What's in it for you:
We are a small team, so you'll be able to make a huge impact. On any given day we are leveraging open source technologies to accomplish our mission and working with modern tools such as Kubernetes, Golang and microservices to solve complex problems. The application is still growing and has a healthy queue of work that requires thoughtful and creative solutions. We'll trust you to solve problems like how to efficiently handle unpredictable user request behavior, achieve low latency response times in the face of complex data joins, and model data from seemingly disjoint sets. The work we do will also expose you to intricacies in infrastructure operations in such areas as cloud infrastructure, network management, data center operations, and automated provisioning. You need to have:
We are looking for a candidate who can contribute to our vision by proposing creative ideas, implementing robust solutions, and engaging peers and stakeholders at various levels to fully understand problem sets.
We'd love to see:
- Proven track record implementing robust and scalable solutions to complex technical challenges using one of these languages: Golang, C/C++, or Python
- Prior experience designing scalable DB schemas, working with RDBMS and/or NoSQL DBs optimizing for performance
- Ability to respectfully discuss solutions, ideas and problems with clarity.
- Drive to take ownership of tasks and carry through to a solution
- Motivation to improve oneself and actively seeks ways to do this
- A curiosity about how things work; continuously learns and self improves
Experience with some of the following:
- Database/Cache: PostgreSQL, Redis, schema design, DB optimization techniques, Other RDBMS, NOSQL DBs
- Container: Kubernetes, Docker
- Middleware: Kafka, gRPC, Protobuffers
- Web & API: GraphQL, Nginx, Gin-Gonic, REST
- Operating System: Linux, shell scripting, Windows
- Search Analytic: Elasticsearch, Solr, Splunk
- Tools: Chef, Jenkins, Salt
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.