Senior Software Engineer - Trade Order Management System (TOMS)
Every day, thousands of traders across the globe rely on the Bloomberg TOMS (Trade Order Management System) to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, TOMS delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, inventory management, middle office operations and electronic trading. We build powerful solutions that allow traders to manage positions, manage their risk and P&L and make markets using our electronic trading suite of tools. We provide customizable workflows, extensive analytics, and high performing functionality. To do this, we employ a broad set of software tools and technology. Our focus is on writing reliable and scalable code to cement TOMS as a leading Fixed Income solution.
As senior software engineer, you will work within a team designing and implementing new features and workflows as well as improving our performance and reliability. You will learn the sell-side fixed income industry, our clients, and choose the best solution for their needs. We leverage an agile software development process as well as a continuous integration and deployment pipeline to produce high quality software quickly to production. We expect you to be creative and proactively look for the most suitable technology to solve complex problems. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design and develop software that provides our clients with high performing, scalable, and flexible workflows
- Work across a full software stack and be comfortable learning about and supporting different parts of the system
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly across a large code base and set of workflows
- Balance and prioritize development work to provide the most critical and useful functionality to our clients
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++/C, python or Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and systems and applications programming
- Experience developing and managing large-scale service-oriented systems
- Experience with CI, CD and unit testing
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.