Senior Software Engineer - Workplace Ops & Productivity
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Who We Are:
The Engineering Workplace Operations and Productivity team supports a large technology portfolio that facilitates employee operations and efficiency on Bloomberg Terminal and Mobile Professional platforms. As gatekeepers of the Bloomberg brand, we provide exciting experiences to Bloomberg clients, vendors and visitors, along with direct impact on the productivity of 20,000 employees globally that interact with our systems on a daily basis.
Our ubiquitous presence is realized throughout Bloomberg offices in domains ranging from location and space management, facilities management, event execution, project/task management, site maintenance/audits, timesheet billing, emergency procedures, appointment scheduling, room reservation, occupancy utilization, audio/video conferencing and software asset management. Some of our systems such as appointment scheduling are critical to the enterprise with nearly 100,000 hits a day.
You'll need to have:
- Be passionate about full-stack development and enthusiastic about acquiring functional and technical knowledge of a large product portfolio with visible firm-wide impact.
- Design scalable, robust systems and advocate for best practices in testing, CI/CD and other SDLC processes.
- "Start with why", collaborate with stakeholders, and take on product ownership.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of professional experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and programming languages (Python or C# NET strongly preferred).
- Professional experience in relational databases (PostgreSQL or SQL Server strongly preferred).
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Professional experience in automated testing and all SDLC phases.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience in designing and maintaining distributed systems or mission-critical software.
- Experience in queuing technologies like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience in mobile/web app development using Node.js and React.
- Experience or interest in natural language processing or machine learning applications.
- Experience in project management, mentoring or leadership.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.