Senior Specialist, Project Manager - Securities Processing
Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What We Do Group Overview
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Global Custody & Cash Services (GCCS) is 450 strong Technology department that provides software development of the applications that drive BNY Mellon's Custody service offerings as part of our Asset Servicing business (nearly three quarters of our revenue). This role is part of the GCCS Portfolio & Resource Management group which has oversight of the program management, project management, business analysis and user experience staff that support our application development efforts. Role Overview
The Project Manager role partners with BNY Mellon business and operations partners to ensure the on-time, on-budget implementation of quality software into our production environment in support of our clients using both traditional and Agile methodologies. Job Responsibilities
- Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization).
- Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
- Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies.
- Has experience working within an Agile environment.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related project management experience is required.
- Experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Understanding of the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) model.
- Previous experience working within an Agile framework.