Senior Systems Specialist
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 juil. 18 2018-07-19
Senior Systems Specialist
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
A core element of the transformation for New York Life's business will be the design and development of end-to-end digital solutions to drive revenue growth, achieve efficiencies, increase client satisfaction, and maintain relevancy as the pace of digitization accelerates. The Digital Service team sits at the heart of that endeavor and will work across the business and with key functional partners including Service, Technology and Agency to create and deliver smart, client-centric, and best-in-class digital solutions to market.
The Accounting System Testing Associate within Digital Service will perform basic system and end to end testing for new products, system enhancements and system fixes ensuring that all release requirements are met and processed correctly prior to release. If errors are found through testing, this individual will work with the appropriate teams across product, technology and the business to remediate.
The individual will have basic analytical and communication capabilities, creative problem-solving skills, project management discipline, and a passion for process improvement.
- Review system testing for a project being conducted in one of the primary administrative systems
- Communicate any issues found in system testing
- Participate in test case reviews
- Document errors found in testing
- Attend testing meetings
- Interest in working with mainframe and web based applications
- Understanding in administrative systems a plus
- Supports decisions made with internal and external (vendors) customers
- Integrates New York Life's values into work products and communications
- Approaches problem solving with sound judgment to understand the root cause of the issue and its impact
- Ability to document why a policy or function is not performing and works with partners to resolve
- Supports decisions made related directly to the product and the impact to other service avenues
- Anticipates reactions of immediate team or customer
- Strong project management skills
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and with different teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Clearly conveys straightforward information to teammates
Training & Development
Customer Service Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday with regular 7.5 hour shift to take place between 8am - 6pm.
Competitive full-time base hourly rate, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.