Service Monitoring and Automation Lead
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 17 nov. 18
Service Monitoring and Automation Lead
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Lead efforts across Wealth Management Technology (WMT) to continuously improve the quality of technology services and solutions to our business by defining and driving strategies and priorities in Service Monitoring and Service Automation. The Service Monitoring and Automation Lead, reporting to the Head of Technology Operations and Quality Engineering, will lead WMT monitoring instrumentation and automation programs, including client and end user experience, log collection, log analytics, correlation management, services monitoring dashboards, application synthetics, automation, analytics and alerting platforms in use by Core Technology Services (CTS) Technology Operations and Application Development teams.
- Define the strategy and unified enterprise monitoring framework to deliver high levels of services and solutions to enhance the stability of application environments;
- Identify and drive tactical and strategic monitoring solutions across implementation of application end user experience, end-to-end monitoring, infrastructure monitoring, network and security monitoring leveraging in-house and commercial off-the-self monitoring (COTS) and automation solutions;
- Identify service improvement opportunities by leveraging incident management reviews, stability trends, Key Performance Indicators (KPI-s) and other sources to identify areas of improvement and drive continual improvement of services and solutions;
- Establish the governance process and proactive review of monitoring and automation services;
- Work with the operational teams to create a repeatable monitoring engagement process ensuring that all applications and systems are monitored to the correct level in accordance with the Software Delivery Lifecycle process;
- Partner with Enterprise Infrastructure and Application Developers stakeholders to enhance monitoring and service automation practices, information, automation and knowledge platform;
- Align services and practice models to industry standards to promote efficiency and service quality;
- Map key business drivers and key performance indicators to IT systems and metrics;
- Work with Technology Architects, Application Developers and Operations teams to map architectures and critical processes for monitoring of key services and functions;
- Providing technical expertise and coordination on strategic planning for transformation programs;
- Act as the primary point person to senior leadership of WMT on all Monitoring Instrumentation and Service Automation initiatives.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in technology, preferably in Financial Services and Banking
- Experience in Application Performance Management (APM), Infrastructure Monitoring, Systems Performance Management design and implementation, systems analysis and design, architecture, integration, programming, and technology operations.
- Extensive experience in the design and integration of monitoring integration solutions into an event management console.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and automation tools selection, implementation, transition and transformation.
- Experience with software development, software delivery lifecycle, application modernization, Service/Infrastructure as Service and Operations.
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and development methodologies.
- Strong thought leadership and technical expertise in enterprise systems management with experience in the design/integration and support of automation and monitoring tools such as IPCenter, Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, System Center, Netcool, Tivoli, CA, etc.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Experience with monitoring DevSecOps tool chains and CI/CD pipellines.
- Experience with monitoring hybrid and native cloud environments.
- Excellent analytical, communication, collaboration and negotiations skills.