- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
The Role: Senior Application Developer
The Location: New York, NY
The Impact: As a Senior Application Developer for the Product Analytics platform, you will take part in building out new functionalities and enhancing the same using the big data, spark and microservices stack.
What's in it for you?
- If you have a liking to build UI, you will also have a unique opportunity to design the front end using Angular JS, JQuery (though these skills are not required)
- You will also work very closely with cross functional teams in the Market Intelligence space to build platform agnostic services based architecture based out of Microservices.
- The existing platform is currently on Hadoop, Spark cluster with Akka Remoting and REST endpoints and you will be joining our agile team to migrate the application to the AWS Cloud with Cassandra NoSQL datastore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS in Computer Science is preferred.
Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience
- At least 5+ years of hands on development in building enterprise application; hands-on experience with Java 8, Spring Boot, Scala, and Spark
- Akka is preferred
- Familiarity in building microservices using Zuul, Ribbon, Hystrix is desirable.
- Experience in working with REST APIs and Cassandra is highly desirable
- Any prior experience in financial industry is a big plus
- Exposure to TDD and Agile Methodologies and working in a Scrum Team
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.