Software Engineer - .NET
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 08 déc. 18
Software Engineer - .NET
We are looking for an innovative, passionate software engineer to join our development group. You will work in a collaborative, multi-functional team environment to design, develop, deliver, and support software solutions within the upstream energy analytics space, using existing technologies, and by exploring and evaluating new technologies. You may also partner with external teams to integrate their solutions into our products.
- Collaborate with development team and product management on design and development of existing software products
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Design, plan, develop and test new solutions that meet customer's business needs
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve development efficiency
- Utilize effective design techniques for maintainability, testability, scalability, performance, security, etc.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested before release
- Enthusiastically interact with customers at all levels
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development industry
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Solid .NET and Microsoft technologies background
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Preferred experience working with E&P/Oil and Gas/Energy data
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for finding the best solutions by working together with internal and external users
- Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft
- Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well defined
- Self-disciplined - determined to take the time to do things the right way
- Passion - enthusiasm for coding and new technologies and their potential to make an impact
- Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things
- Leadership - inspiring others and rallying them towards common goals
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.