Software Engineer, DevOps
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern technical platforms: Amazon AWS, Cloud Foundry, Linux, Docker, Linux Red Hat administration i.e. scripting, Build & Packaging tools (Maven/Make/NPM), Jenkins Installation and configuration , Kubernetes/Istio/Envoy/Nginx/HAproxy/Etcd/Wiremock, Message Bus systems (Rabbitmq/Kafka), Monitoring systems (RollBar/New Relic/Splunk/Prometheus or similar), Log management tools (ELK stack or similar), Experience supporting asynchronous/reactive applications
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Partnership with the infrastructure, application development and product teams to define and deliver against the service and capability requirements of the our solution.
- Operational areas of concern, such as availability, resiliency, instrumentation, scalability, etc, have well-developed, tested, and documented solutions.
- Installation and configuration of our solutions is easy and intuitive at any scale - from docker on the desktop to large distributed deployments.
- Ongoing contribution to the system design as the product needs evolve.
- Experience designing and supporting complex (multi-tier, services based) production systems at scale. Java/Scala centric platforms preferred.
- Experience with SDLC tools (version control (Git), Issue Tracker (Jira) etc), and delivery using the agile methodology
CCB (Consumer & Community Banking)
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.