Software Engineer III - CME Distribution Systems Technology (New York)
Description Software Engineer III - CME Distribution Systems Technology
The selected candidate will join the CME Distribution Systems team as a Software Engineer III. The CME Distribution Systems team delivers technology solutions for a wide range of application portfolio that includes high volume trading systems, misson-critical API services and redaptive user intefaces . While the role offers a focus on FX trading value stream, the CME Distribution team supports Futures, Options, Cash Markets and FX business lines .
The Software Engineer III engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Actively participate within cross functional team (QA & Business analysts) and the broader development organization in identifying system impacts, defining and implementing solutions.
- Understand and advocate for Agility principles of software development.
- Implement Feature Stories by collaborating with Analysts and QA engineers.
- Ability to tackle full stack engineering problems â€" backend apis, frontend components, data models and persistence layers
- Provides support for our production users and business workflows
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing within system. Enables broad testing system-wide without all components in place.
- Intermediate proficiency in language knowledge; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
- Optimizes code for key performance metrics.
- Offers complex insights during code reviews and helps with CI/CD related work.
- Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Troubleshoots own code and helps others find bugs in own code.
You will be a good fit
if you are somebody whoâ€¦
- Understands that communication is one of the most important responsibility of a software engineer.
- Strives for clean, simple, testable codes.
- Focuses on shipping software that matters to the users.
- Experienced different type of SDLC methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban.. etc) and knows that the best one is what works for the team
- Values Fun and Learning from every tasks/missions that comes your way
- Proactive approach in generating tactical (short term) and strategic (long term) solutions
- Excels as a team player, with high level of empathy and team orientation. You deeply care about how your work attitude affects those around you.
- Passionately advocates and practices continuous improvement by promoting a learning environment and being constantly curious
- A willing self-starter with strong sense of end to end ownership and accountability.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space and working experience with front end trading systems.
- Good understanding of RESTful API designs and implementations
- Good understanding of kafka or similar messaging framework
- Good experience with Docker containers or similar services
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.