Software Engineer Internship
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 13 déc. 18
Software Engineer Internship
As an Intern with IHS Markit, you will undertake work on a real business project intended to add value to your team as well as provide you with a great learning opportunity.
Overview of the Software Engineering function
Designs, validates, and brings new products to market. Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials. Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate the following education, skills and experience:
* Highly desire individuals working towards Masters or PhD quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning/AI, or Data Science
* Prior coursework or experience in the financial markets a plus
* Strong SQL/data manipulation skills required including cleaning and handling data
* Experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as R, SparkML Python (pandas) etc
* Willingness to work with unstructured, messy data
* Self-starter and results orientated, able to work under minimal guidance
* Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies
2019 Summer Intern Requirements
To be eligible to apply for a place on our intern program, you must be able to answer 'yes' to the following questions:
* Are you legally eligible to work for the duration of the intern program in the country for which you have applied.
* Will you have completed your studies in either 2019 or 2020? This program is open to current students only.
* If you do not reside in the IHS Markit office location for which you are applying, are you able to self-relocate in time for the program start date?
Participation for the full duration of the 10-week program is expected. Please ensure you are available as per the dates below before submitting your application:
Boulder Intern Program Begins: June 2019
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.