Sourcing & Vendor Management - IT Outsourcing / IT Consulting Sourcer # 096900
Sourcing & Vendor Management (SVM) sources external goods and services for Credit Suisse by applying best practices while mitigating key commercial, contractual and reputational risks to the Bank.
As a valued partner, we strive to work collaboratively with internal business partners and key vendors to deliver increasingly high-quality and efficient sourcing services through: commercial-valued and risk-mitigated sourcing, analytical insights and market expertise, driving vendor innovation, and supporting select third-party agreements during the fulfillment phase.
- You will help drive supply-side initiatives / projects related to IT Outsourcing (ITO) and IT consulting (ITC), as well as manage other key initiatives
- You will take responsibility for leading and executing a portfolio of sourcing projects, primarily supporting the Global Markets Technology and Corporate Technology groups, with a focus on Application Development, Testing, Maintenance, Application and Infrastructure Support services
- You will gain support by demonstrating the strategic value of the sourcing model to senior levels within SVM and the wider organization
- You will review divisional requirements and recommend supplier strategy in collaboration with IT business partners with clear rationale for suggested strategy and associated plan
- You will execute the end-to-end sourcing process including RFIs/RFPs/RFQs and business case validation, commercial evaluations and successful vendor contract negotiations
- You will develop credibility and operate as a subject matter expert and internal consultant as the point of contact for our business partners for ITO vendors and related sourcing
- You will build effective and cooperative alliances externally with key vendors and manage directly those vendor relationships from a commercial perspective
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Minimum 5 years of sourcing experience, including 2+ years of IT Outsourcing / IT Consulting sourcing experience
- You have significant experience with executing ITO / ITC category engagements and contracts. Additionally, familiarity with ITO project structures, business case production and review -- included but not limited to scoping, pricing models, and performance measurements (setting service standards, SLAs and associated critical metrics )
- You possess a solid understanding of IT lifecycle processes, and impact on vendor services with respect to appropriate metrics, SLAs, reporting requirements, governance structure, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of output and outcome based commercial models and managed services delivery models
- You ideally also have domain experience in infrastructure operations management and associated services
- You have strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills both internally with key partners and externally with vendors
- You have excellent negotiations and problem resolution skills, especially for vendor/client concerns and dispute management skills
- You are able to analyze markets and gather intelligence on market conditions and supply/demand drivers
- You are good with analyzing data and have proficient project management skills
- You are a strong communicator (verbal & written) with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior executives
- You are self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- You demonstrate a solid track record of working in a multi-tasking, international environment with an ability to work effectively with cross-border teams
- You have advanced MS Excel & PowerPoint skills & and can quickly learn other standard procurement and demand management tools
- Legal or paralegal qualification/experience will be helpful
- Proficiency in German or other languages an advantage but not required