Specialist, Product Management-Investment Management
ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon is seeking a Product Development Specialist. Responsibilities include:
- Works independently to manage and develop a range of products in support of the North America Distribution business within Asset Management. Products include mutual funds, SMAs, CITs, closed-end funds, ETFs, and Alternatives.
- Supports colleagues with relevant competitive, market, and/or financial analyses to gain breadth/depth of knowledge in relevant products, services, and platforms.
- Develops ideas for product enhancements and/or expansion to other client channels and vehicles based on the risk and regulatory environment surrounding the products under development.
- Coordinates the management, development, and enhancement of products in order to meet operating plan financials assigned to product's profitability goals. Includes collaboration with Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. as part of new product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning.
- Oversees product governance process through effective documentation, project management, stakeholder engagement, approvals/signoffs, and internal communications.
- Employs a client-focused strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth analyses on client segments, competitive landscape, and industry environment.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of assigned asset management products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability across varying stages of their life cycle.
- Researches, monitors, and supports product profitability for the assigned product or product line in order to achieve operating plan revenue goals.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple related teams objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelors' degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management and Development, operations, client management preferred.