Sr Analyst - Security Technology
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 10 déc. 18
Sr Analyst - Security Technology
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
The role encompasses the research, analysis and reporting of physical security technologies with a particular focus on Safe City projects, City Surveillance, AI analytics, Cloud Computing and Video Surveillance. This will be achieved through original research with C-level executives focused on manufacturing, product development, and thought leadership. Results will be conveyed to a business audience via a suite of assets comprising data, written analysis, infographics and presentations.
- Primary research to identify physical security organization and strategies, technology developments, and micro economic influences.
- Research, understand, interpret, and explain new and evolving technologies within the physical security industry.
- Analyse and report findings via the maintenance of a suite of assets comprising data, written analysis, infographics and presentations.
- Cover international industry shows and events and interview senior industry executives, specifically programme managers, product specialists, and tier one supplier executives.
- Support the sales team with business development activities.
- Interface with and support clients subscribing to HIS Markit services.
- A successful candidate would usually have more than 5 years' experience executing market research activities . This will have been gained within a competitive analysis / market research job role.
- The minimum requirement is a university undergraduate degree in business, economics or a form of mechanical/electrical engineering. Business and economics would be preferable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English at a business level a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office to include expertise in Excel and well-practiced in PowerPoint.
- Advanced communication skills to include writing, interpersonal and listening as well as presentation skills gained with large and small audiences.
- Organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and to effectively prioritize under pressure towards tight deadlines.
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to assess and interpret information.
- Flexibility and the ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Well-developed relationship building skills.
- Global travel : Typically 10-15% in a year.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.