Sr Analyst Business Analytics and Data Products
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The NY based Sr Business and Data Analyst Global Data Licensing Services (GDLS) holds primary responsibility of assisting in the growth of Market Data revenue by taking ownership of ongoing usage analysis, intelligence gathering and creating actionable insight on our data clients and prospects for product and sales teams using advanced analytic tools, as well as other key ad-hoc projects. The role will also be responsible for product creation as directed by leadership including creating data prototypes, researching industry trends, competitive and gap analysis, and customer usage patterns on existing data. This role is expected to become a subject matter expert on the Exchange and Market Data competitive environments to apply advanced modeling and analysis techniques helping shape our decisions towards our objectives. The role will produce analytics and visualizations consumed by a variety of audiences from highly technical teams to senior leadership at the Managing Director level.
- Ability to learn industry frameworks, trends, competitive offerings, and client profiles.
- Apply analytics expertise within GDLS including data cleansing, descriptive analysis, predictive analysis and visualizations.
- Execute ad-hoc projects to identify industry trends, customer impact of potential commercial changes and be able to deliver this and similar research in clear and business-focused formats.
- Execute and own data strategy outlined by senior leaders
- Perform data analysis on market data via a variety of tools including traditional SQL, Tableau, and Python.
- Create and maintain open source projects related to CME Market Data distribution strategy.
- Create customer centric deployment templates for GCS and AWS related to CME Market Data strategy.
- Work with and develop relationships with other business units globally to effectively analyze key client behaviors.
- Substantiate and reconcile reports with clear documentation. Resolve discrepancies independently and demonstrate a keen eye for numerical detail.
- Document and address information sourcing inconsistencies and inefficiencies.
- Actively work to expand customer view with value-added data.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Proficient in data analytics applications of regression, variable reduction, and machine learning.
- Competent in Python and Git.
- Competent in Tableau or other data visualization software.
- Ability to work with AWS and GCS Data Analysis technology including Athena and BigQuery.
- Proficient in presenting complex data in visual and meaningful ways to senior leadership up to Managing Director levels.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Agile, Lean and/or interactive development methodologies.