Sr. Application Developer
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 21 mai 19
Sr. Application Developer
The Role: Senior Application Developer
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: You will be an expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization's Data Services Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization's critical data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Data Services team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value.
The Impact: As a key member of the Data Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for leading the technical development and support for data driven analytical web applications that expose key insights from data by executing complex machines learning algorithms.
What's in it for you: If you are an individual that would like to be part of innovative and advanced data driven analytical application, this is an excellent opportunity. We are looking for someone with sound technical knowledge, can be hands-on, worked on transformational initiatives, and can drive results. You will have the opportunity to help build and evolve S&P Ratings' next generation's analytics platform.
- Deliver business value through application development and enhancements.
- Guide the development team through the process of design, developing, and unit testing.
- Interface with database development team, infrastructure, web developers, and other teams as needed.
- Interface and communicate effectively with business partners.
- Evaluate, assess, plan, and guide technical direction and architecture decisions.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with assignments. This includes gathering and understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management.
- Collaborate with onsite and offsite team members effectively.
- Should independently drive and execute complex technical requirements.
- Be an enthusiastic mentor to development team.
- Be a self-starter that is also an excellent team player.
What We're Looking For:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Science or relevant experience
- At least 9+ years in Java J2EE building web applications.
- At least 5+ years of experience with related frameworks and technologies (Hibernate, Restful services, Spring JDBC, MVC, JQuery, Ext-JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, HTML5, CSS etc.)
- At least 4+ years of experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures preferably in Oracle database.
- At least 2+ years of experience with Web application development AngularJS, Angular 2.0 or 4.0
- Experience with modern development using Python and Scala.
- Experience with Web logic, Tomcat to include installation, configuration, trouble-shooting.
- Experience with API management and Could-based platforms and services (AWS, Google).
- Understanding of Test Driven Development practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Experience Architecting and developing large scale Enterprise applications
- Experienced in agile development methodology.
- Working knowledge of Dev-Ops: GitHub, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Ability to inspire and mentor application developers
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.