Sr. Corporate Development Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
A Senior Analyst on the Corporate Development team will focus on corporate finance, business development and business strategy in support of CME Group's markets (listed futures & options and cash). The Senior Analyst will support the team in the assessment of both organic and inorganic opportunities and development of strategic positioning to drive growth, to expand into new markets and products, and to achieve operational efficiencies. The individual will be responsible for assisting in the research and financial analysis of merger & acquisition opportunities, potential strategic partnerships, and other commercial opportunities.
The Senior Analyst will be tasked with determining what information is needed to address a specific matter, where to retrieve this information and how to accurately and concisely present this information enabling management to make informed decisions. Because the assessment of opportunities often requires an enterprise view, the position will require the individual to collaborate across Finance and a range of other divisions throughout the organization.
The Sr. Analyst role will focus on the following day-to-day responsibilities and deliverables:
- Apply understanding of key products and business functions to create and maintain various routine business reports, presentations, and financial analysis.
- Support the financial analysis for potential external opportunities (mergers, acquisition, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, etc.) through data gathering and modeling. Financial modeling could include Discounted Cash Flows, Trading Multiples, and Comparable Transactions modeling.
- Collect data and provide analytical reports to improve the business portfolio. Data gathering will require reviews and comprehension of company and industry research reports, regulatory filings, and financial statements.
- Collaborate with senior members of Corporate Development and other Finance departments to develop business cases required in support of transactions and investment recommendations.
(Degree/major, qualifications, and experience needed from candidate):
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in finance and accounting
- Three to six years of relevant work experience (investment banking, corporate development, and/or financial services is preferred)
- Advanced financial modeling skills (discounted cash flow models, comparable company analysis, transaction analysis, accretion dilution, synergy analysis and sensitivity analysis)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
: New York or Chicago