Sr. Data Wrangler
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence an academic—all combined with a passion for public service. Overview of Team/ Function:
The Applied Strategy and Practices (ASP) team in the Statistics Function is looking for a Sr. Data Wrangler to support the Statistics’ core mission to improve data quality of the 100 data collections. The Statistics Function is building out a Center of Excellence (COE) with self-service capabilities and improve business processes through new and innovative methods and tooling to increase the velocity of a multiyear strategic digitalization initiative. Our work transforms raw data into information that inspires Bank actions – directly support the Bank’s mission to promote financial stability and help implement domestic and international supervisory policies and monetary policy.
Report to the Head of Business Architecture Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: You Have:
- Support and help develop the Data Wrangling practice to build the Center of Excellence (COE) for data services in Statistics, including strategy and planning, project management, leading and training other modelers, introducing tools, and implementing governance and quality control of data models and products
- Establish a repeatable business process for Statistics analysts to conduct exploratory analysis and determine a lifecycle to mature analytical practices for standardization, digitalization and improvement
- Maintain a library of products designed to encourage re-use and broad adoption. Lead and produce high-quality documentation and models, as a result of the discovery and evaluation process.
- Lead project teams to design models, validate, test and deploy the data models and analytical products. Challenge thinking and rationalize models for standards and effectiveness.
- Work as part of a diverse team to deliver and design strategy projects that require both creative and analytical thinking
- Provide thought leadership, best practices, and standards required to provide solutions
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems
- Prepare and communicate through presentations and written communications
- 3 years of experience in Data Wrangling and equivalent Data Transformation using tools like Alteryx
- Knowledge of data architecture and data management best practices
- Experience developing data models and analytical products for financial services firms
- Experience in or knowledge to learn other lightweight solutions such as Python and R
- Experience in business analysis and working with diverse teams and competing interests for requirements gathering and analyzing technical trade-offs
- Experience in business process improvement and re-engineering concepts using techniques such as Design Thinking, Lean, Six Sigma, etc. a plus
- Implemented Software development life cycle (SDLC) projects with Technology providers to promote and support solutions in Production
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Excellent in preparing presentation materials
- Collaborative working style, willingness to flex roles and responsibilities when needed to support larger team goals and outcomes
- Implemented controls for compliance, regulation or internal policies
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan fully paid by the Federal Reserve Bank
- 401K plan with generous match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Commutation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center
- Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult)
- And more…
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.