- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
Sr. Director, Strategy & Innovation
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-UnisThe Director - Strategy & Innovation, is a member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU). T he Emerging Business Unit (EBU) is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody's Analytics' (MA) long-term growth strategy. The EBU leads MA efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers' technology preferences. The Director - Strategy & Innovation will be leading a broad range of activities to i dentify, research, and develop new opportunities for MA that fall across and outside of our existing lines of business. This position will scan the market and competitors and undertake developmental research to ensure MA has a flow of technological and innovative ideas to commercialize.
She or he will be expected to take initiative, work independently, lead cross-functional project teams and produce high-quality work. She or he will need to lead by influence and example, periodically directing the work of others who are part of different lines of business during cross-functional projects. She or he will need to be poised and confident in working with a broad cross-section of the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Analyze and keep abreast of key technology developments and the competitive landscape affecting MA's customers and MA offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Lead client engagements to understand challenges that they are trying to address, and meet with external partners, such as analysts and accelerators, to bring new ideas to Moody's Analytics .
- Manage Proof of Concepts and other development efforts, including identification of potential partners, definition of requirements and project coordination to ensure successful completion.
- Develop detailed business cases for new initiatives that includes global demand forecasts, competitive analysis, investment analysis and financial projections.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to discuss potential business and/or technology opportunities and/or projects.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the EBU strategy team to research possible ideas for new businesses, geographies or segments.
Emerging Business Unit (EBU)
- 10+ years of experience in the financial technology industry
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts and deep experience.
- FinTech startup experience preferred
- Track record in successful project management, preferably within a commercial banking or capital markets environment
- Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Ability to frame choices in a way that is forward looking, to integrate and assimilate complex information and situations and drive decision making
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to track multiple programs concurrently and to report progress in an executive level dashboard to senior management
- Minimum bachelor's degree; Master's degree and/or relevant certifications a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.