Sr. Principal, Cross Functional Relationship Management/Business Development
At BNY Mellon, we are invested in helping individuals and institutions invest, transact and conduct business around the world and we are delivering an integrated set of solutions for highly complex financial issues. Our expertise and infrastructure make us critical to the evolving global markets. Strength, stability, and safety are at our core. We are investing wisely for the future to bolster growth, improve returns and deepen client relationships. We always strive to provide a consistent high-quality experience and aim to deliver consistent performance for every client, every time, every day. BNY Mellon is a trusted advisor and business partner and BNY Mellon provides a comprehensive range of investment services that are unrivalled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks. We are committed to moving with urgency and relentlessly positioning ourselves and our clients for tomorrow.
Corporate Trust is the largest global provider of trustee and paying agency services as well as a leading provider of third party loan, escrow and administrative agency services to the global capital markets. Its institutional client base comprises major Financial Institutions, Corporates, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Government and Sovereign entities.
The Senior Principal, Cross Functional Relationship Management/Business Development independently evaluates and pursues new business opportunities and client prospects, through direct calling efforts on origination and structuring desks within investment/commercial banks, global law firms and other third party advisory firms as well as by leveraging Enterprise relationships with strategic clients; Serves in a consultative role to client prospects and intermediaries advising on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firm's solutions. Client prospects are significantly large and complex institutions, requiring depth of knowledge in a niche segment or significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services. Client prospects' and intermediary needs are often enterprise-wide and may involve both a transactional approach but also a multi-year or long-term pursuit or relationship approach. In addition to new client prospects, the Senior Principal, Cross Functional Relationship Management/ Business Development may also be responsible for achieving organic incremental growth from existing, strategic Enterprise clients.
• Locates potential client prospects through in-depth industry research and an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. as well as existing relationship contacts
• Screens and evaluates client prospects opportunities by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, growth potential, financials, and internal firm priorities. Contributes to the development of Corporate Trust's growth and revenue strategies. Identifies, co-ordinates and participates in opportunities for enhancing the Corporate Trusts brand.
• Works with the appropriate functions to develop and market new products, services, solutions and thought leadership concepts, as applicable..
• Consults with intermediaries and client prospects on their strategic vision and transactional needs and uses an in-depth understanding of the firm's solutions and value proposition to help achieve that vision and/or meet those needs and, if applicable, offering customized product offerings or developing specific negotiation strategies and positions to align prospect and intermediary needs to firm offerings.
• Works closely with related teams, including operations and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured.
• Tracks and reports on individual targets and business development opportunities and results on a timely basis. Qualifications
• Will have a minimum of 10 - 12 years of work experience, with a background in a Business Development/Relationship Management/Sales, which would ideally have been spent within a large global matrix organisation. This experience is likely to come from within the Financial Services due to the depth of product knowledge required to be successful.
• Previous experience in Origination, Structured Finance or Fixed Income Sales; Asset Management; Alternatives; including Private Equity highly desirable
• Will be highly experienced in independently developing leads and initiating and maintaining contact with prospects and influencers.
• Must possess strong presentation, negotiation, influence, emotional intelligence and communication skills.
• Have a strong academic background with a minimum Bachelor's degree, Advanced/graduate degree and/or professional qualifications preferred. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Corporate Trust Organization:
Corporate Trust-HR06320 Requisition Number: