Sr. Software Engineer (DevOps)
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 12 déc. 18
Sr. Software Engineer (DevOps)
Senior DevOps Engineer.
We are seeking a bright, self-motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for build-out, configuration, deploy, scale, orchestration and monitoring in supporting infrastructure and our release pipeline for global commercial software platforms.
You own deployment of large-scale production environments covering a diverse ecosystem of platforms, frameworks
You are eager to learn new diverse tools and technologies. Candidate must be comfortable in driving Continuous Integration / Deployment initiatives, internally and in the cloud.
Automate and streamlining of our infrastructure, operations and deployment processes. Champion for infrastructure as code.
Tools and automation based monitoring of production environments to provide proactive alerts on system health and reliability.
Expert level background in Linux administration. Ability to demonstrate bash shell scripting to manage node based configurations. Experience with cloud-based PAAS services highly desired.
Strong experience with infrastructure templating formats such as JSON or Yaml. A working understating of code and script creation of configuration templates.
Troubleshooting and resolving root cause issues in our dev, test and production internal and cloud environments.
Team member role in on time, high quality delivery of products thru the entire application lifecycle.
- Prior experience supporting large scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems.
- Programming experience in high level language
- Container based services experience with Docker
- Strong understanding of best practices around release engineering
- Experience with cloud clusters such as EC2/AWS/Colo is essential
- Experience with Terraform scripting
- Exposure to MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL approaches to data storage
- Exposure to Nagios, Nginx
- Strong written & oral communication skills are essential
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git preferred)
Passion for DevOps - enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact.
A bias to action - a willingness to "jump right in" with an emphasis on producing results.
Highly collaborative - an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft.
Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well defined.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in DevOps related field
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.