Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager
BNY Mellon Treasury Services is comprised ofbest-in-class services supporting most top tier global banks andinstitutions. Treasury Servicesorganization has embarked on a journey to re-engineer our platforms to stayahead of our clients' demands.
At BNY, the technology groupworks in partnership with the business and other technology groups to continueto enhance our offerings and improve the client experience. BNY's significant investment in technologyresults in new and forward thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient.
We are looking for exceptionalindividualswith a self-starter and can-do attitude. Job Description:
- Lead majorprojects within Treasury Services Technology and manage the budget, businessplans, risk, implementation of policies, standards, methodologies, and/orstrategic management projects.
- Analyze projectimplementation status and provides feedback to senior managers.
- Summarize andprepare executive reports
- Manage and leadStakeholder discussions and manage business priorities
- Lead strategicand far-reaching initiatives within the organization contributing to theachievement of key area objectives.
- Work closely withSenior IT Management, Product and Business teams to understand their needs andprovide appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
- Work with thetechnology management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, andmethodologies.
- Provide oversightand input to resources and their project allocation.
- Strong backgroundin PMO field needed and experience in program governance and reporting.
- Technicalbackground strongly preferred
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: