Sr. Specialist, UX
BNY Mellon Treasury Services is comprised of best-in-class services processing several trillion dollars a day supporting most top tier global banks and institutions. Treasury Services organization has embarked on a journey to re-engineer our platforms to stay ahead of our clients' demands.
At BNY, the technology group works in partnership with the business and other technology groups to continue to enhance our offerings and improve the client experience. BNY's significant investment in technology results in new and forward thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to join our Agile teams. In this position, the candidate will work with key internal clients to provide broad user experience strategy, and design innovative, engaging and effective digital experiences. To be considered, a candidate should possess the ability to think strategically, create vision and communicate such vision effectively. She/he will have deep knowledge of interaction, information, visual design, and Design Thinking principles, can offer hands-on design skills at the expert level and can coach various stakeholders in user-centered design best practices, processes, and creating vision. Job Requirements
- Contribute as an individual and advocate for the user experience across the Software Development Lifecycle
- Conduct User Research and Analysis (Personas, Journey Maps, Task Analysis, Contextual Inquiry etc.)
- Own the Information Architecture (Taxonomy, Site Structure, Navigation Design, Information Design)
- Create Interaction Designs (Interaction Models, Patterns and Behaviors, Wireframe concepts, High Fidelity prototypes)
- Create Visual Design, Specifications and Style Guides
- Conduct Usability Testing (Test Planning, Test Script development, Conducting Remote and Lab-based usability tests)
- Contribute to overall UX strategy
- Partner with development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation through the delivery cycle
- Communicate and demonstrate the value and rationale of design decisions to business and technology partners through outreach.
Sr. Specialist User Experience Analyst->> Performs and provides guidance and technical expertise for the most complex user experience activities that include user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design. Performs and leads user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations. Reviews documentation of research findings presented to product and development teams. Reviews new and modified user personals. Actively participate and may provide guidance in the creation of concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications to meet project schedules. Leads the implementation of visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness. Interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience. Serves as reviewer of usability activities and artifacts to ensure software applications meet customer expectations for use. Provides UX expertise to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature). Independently performs and leads the creation and updating of user interface and visual design guidelines and standards. Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities training for groups outside the UX team. Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user's specified goals by establishing user-centered analysis, design, best practices, and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Preferred Qualifications
- Portfolio showcasing applied knowledge of user-centered design, solutions to design problems, designing human interface from large screen to small screen devices, and examples of design workshop facilitation and artifacts produced
- Deep knowledge of the User Experience Design process
- Experience in designing highly transactional and data focused websites and web-based applications
- Experience using web/data analytics, user insights to inform design decisions
- Hands-on design skills from wireframes to finished UX prototypes
- Skilled in User Research and interpretive discovery methods
- Experience with both traditional solution delivery methodologies, and rapid, iterative methods such as Agile and Lean
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, decentralized environment
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects in a compressed timeline, resolving competing priorities
- Good command over UX tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, design tools like Adobe Creative Suite and various UX prototyping tools
Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.