Strategic Program Delivery Consultant
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 mars 19
Strategic Program Delivery Consultant
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Strategic Capabilities: Strategic Program Delivery Team Consultant
The Corporate Vice President (CVP) of Strategic Capabilities is a member of the Strategic Program Delivery Team dedicated to supporting the implementation and modernization of key new business and admin platforms supporting over 1000 users. In this role, the successful candidate will partner closely with project stakeholders from Underwriting, Agency, and Field Service providing guidance and direction while executing on the delivery of a significant technical modernization effort known as; New Business Underwriting Modernization (NBUW)
- Requirements definition management across multiple new business processes including; UW workflow, case management, the design of a configuration governance, rules engine configuration, and various integrations
- Support the production of workstream deliverables and meeting workstream milestones, including the identification and management of SME involvement across workstreams
- Support for program governance and reporting including; UW Innovation group meetings, SteerCo meetings, weekly Sponsor updates, etc.
- Monitor progress against business targets throughout the duration of the program.
- Work with NYL decision makers and its partners to plan NYL enhancements into partners base code
- Assist in the development of Change Management deliverables with stakeholders
- Partner with key stakeholders assigned to the project to ensure the right work is being done at the right time
- Assist in the collection and organization of information to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Facilitate reviews and brainstorming sessions with stakeholders related to overall program success
- Help present updates to senior leadership and secure approval of recommendations
- Partner with technology and the business to deliver artifacts as appropriate to our vendors for development
- Perform demos for stakeholders as appropriate in an Agile framework
- Support and manage ad hoc project requests
Desired Characteristics and Skills
- 8 - 10 year of overall work experience
- College degree; MBA (or comparable advanced degree) preferred
- Experience consulting in the Financial Service or Insurance Industry strongly preferred
- Experience with implementing large scale projects capable of managing multiple workstreams across various disciplines simultaneously
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, enabling the creation and presentation of a broad range of materials (e.g., business cases, analyses, project plans, status updates)
- Project management skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative work style and experience working effectively with individuals at all level of seniority
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams across a broad range of functions and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Agile Frameworks (SAFe) and tools such as JIRA, TFS or Rally preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.