- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
Strategist - Data Scientist
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-UnisThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Strategist-Data Scientist must be motivated to design, develop, and deliver high end analytical solutions to MA's executives, business and sales leaders. This is a high impact / high visibility role, and the results of your work will directly influence important business decisions.
Responsible for exploring Moody's and external datasets, designing and implementing analytical models and participating in design and execution of reporting solutions.
As part of a small team, you will be involved in all aspects of developing and testing new analytics. This includes analyzing existing data, third party data and designing data capture and data management systems. Once a prototype is developed you will work with internal partners to integrate new analytics into MA's internal decision making processes. Specific topics may include sales forecasting, sales deployment optimization, budget and target planning / setting, pricing, and / or product market assessments.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Provide high-quality data analysis and analytical solutions that support business objectives.
- Use statistical techniques to create scalable solutions for real business problems
- Suggest improvements to existing techniques to improve scale and accuracy
- Provide leadership, guidance and develops technical capabilities across the team
- Perform data visualization and presentation
- Works with an open mind and is curious while maintaining a healthy skepticism
- Translate outcomes into business opportunities
The Department / Team:
Strategy & Analytics group, an internal consulting team that delivers cross-functional recommendations and insights on improving business performance, sales effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, statistics or other quantitative field is required;
- Masters is a plus.
- 3+ years work experience involving quantitative data analyses to solve problems, ideally coming from consulting / economic consulting / banking environments.
- Experience querying structured data for analytical purposes
- Experience developing models / analyses in a high-stakes environment
- Expert in Excel
- Experience with or ability to learn SQL, SPSS, R, Stata or other programming language / statistical software
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting and across functions
- Able to clearly communicate findings to intelligent non-experts
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.