Syndicated Loan Transaction Coordinator - Debt Capital Markets - Middle Office
SyndicatedLoan Transaction Coordinator - Debt Capital Markets - Middle Office | New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading globalfinancial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide.The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumersand small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, andasset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorganChase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many ofthe worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients underits JPMorgan Chase & Co brands.
Wholesale Loan Services (WLS) services several lines ofbusinesses within JPMorgan Chase, including Business Banking, Global WealthManagement, Investment Banking and Commercial Banking. The group consists of approximately 1,300employees worldwide and is responsible for over $500 billion in loansoutstanding.
The Transaction Coordinators, as a team within WLS, areresponsible for coordinating complex syndication and bi-lateral loans for theCorporate Investment and Commercial Banks. The team works closely with the JPMorigination businesses, ensuring that all necessary information is reviewed foroperational feasibility and optimal execution. The team partners with variousinternal and external parties, including but not limited to, Debt CapitalMarkets (DCM), Credit Risk, Loan and Agency Services, Legal, as well as JPMBorrowers and Lender Clients. The team also interacts with counterpartsinternationally on cross-border transactions, originating out of North America. Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain an individual pipeline of activesyndicated transactions for both the Corporate Investment and Commercial Banks
- Support Leverage Finance and DCM with the execution andclosing of complex loan transactions, including but not limited to, new deals,refinancing and amendments. This includes liaising and coordinating allpre-closing requirements with various internal and external teams (i.e. Legal,Credit Risk, Trade Settlements, Coverage and Onboarding, and Central InsuranceTeam)
- Collect and review legal loan documentation, ensuringoperational standards are met.
- Assist with ad-hoc inquiries from Borrowers, Lenders, andArrangers pertaining to the closing process and ongoing maintenance of thedeal.
- Participate in projects and provide valuable input withvarious working groups created to enhance performance and efficiency
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent experience
- Proficiencywith Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellentoral and written communication skills
- Abilityto take initiative and self-motivate, as well as work as part of a team
- Knowledgeof the Syndicated Loan product and business, including an understanding of aCredit Agreement, loan funding mechanics, deal structure, funds flows, etc.
- Prior experience working with clients to collect andreview pre-syndicated loan documentation ahead of closing large transactions
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members andsenior management across and within the lines of business with a keen attentionto detail, strong oral and written communication skills, and strong analyticalcapability
- Critical decision-making abilities includingthe ability to identify, escalate, and propose solutions to problems
- Abilityto multi-task through the practice of strong organizational and time managementskills