SysOps / DevOps Engineer
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 11 déc. 18
Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems.
SYSOPS / DEVOPS ENGINEER
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a Cloud Communications platform that provides voice, messaging and collaboration services for businesses. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, and advanced WebRTC technologies to transform how people communicate within enterprises. We want to do for enterprise communication what What’s App and Facebook Messenger has done for consumer communication – with the security, control and agility needed by Fortune 500 companies.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs, who are also highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays and ICAP. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal and Waters Technology. We were also recently named the 2016 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology.
Many of our customers are in the financial markets, where traders use the Cloud9 service to engage with their trading partners. Today we operate across 26 countries and have 2,200 users on our platform. We’re adding more users every month, and we’re fueled by overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Cloud9 Technologies infrastructure and applications.
- Manage our global AWS services and infrastructure while assisting in the deployment and roll-out of new features and products.
- Architect, implement and develop tools & scripts to monitor and deploy applications & services in a continuously growing environment.
- Assisting with upgrading & scaling our time series system and application performance trending platform including recommending solutions and creating POCs.
- Contribute to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions in an AWS environment with Jenkins at the center.
- Contribute to automation of our code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds.
- Troubleshoot application and service issues or system outages while clearly communicating status updates with management and engineering teams.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
What we can expect from you:
- 6+ years’ experience with Linux / UNIX systems administration including shell scripting, database configuration & management and managing server infrastructures
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, memcache, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Proficiency scripting in one or more programming Languages: Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, Bash
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and deep understanding of configuration management theory, implementation, and scaling
- Knowledge of SDLC workflow, CI/CD pipelines and devops tools
- Experienced working in AWS environment with S3, EC2, Cloudwatch, VPC, ELB/ALB, Route53 and RDS
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Scrum process.
- Experience using git and knowledge of git branching/merging workflow
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL, as well as Splunk, Redis, data warehousing and caching technologies
- Experience with pub/sub and messaging
- Networking experience within complex environments using application load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls
- Experience with Terraform, Cloudformation or similar infrastructure as code tools preferred
- Experience with containers, Docker, DockerSwarm Packer, Kubernetes, and ECS a plus
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other devops engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
Cloud9 Technologies LLC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its locations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or national law.