· Investigate portfolios and strategies to develop data-driven, in-depth comprehension of L/S investment processes, risk profiles, portfolio construction, and investor behavior.
· Conduct innovative and scientific research to identify and model macro and fundamental drivers of performance and risks .
· Develop analytics, quantitative tools, and analytical framework to attribute performance, monitor risks, and evaluate portfolio construction .
· Identify and manage new datasets that support investment decisions and risk management processes.
· Deliver research findings and make recommendations to L/S PMs and senior management.
Most of the above tasks will require analysing large structured and unstructured datasets, such as internal trade data, risk model data, fundamental data, and sentiment data and running simulations and back-tests.
The ideal candidate is a smart, articulate, and creative problem solver with strong quantitative and technical skills and well-versed in equities. Experience in investment research is a plus.
· Masters or PhD in a quantitative or engineering discipline with strong technical, quantitative, and communication skills
· 3+ years of experience in a quantitative research or risk management capacity covering equities investing
· Strong background in Statistics/Math/Econometrics
· Strong technical skills with high level of proficiency in Python and SQL
· Ability to manipulate and synthesize large data sets
· High-energy personality and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Please send a PDF resume to Sara Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org