- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 11 déc. 18
This position is the first level in the Technical Manager Career Path. Incumbents in this position lead delivery of products within Development in a collaborative fashion and establish industry standard processes and best practices for development efforts across multiple projects. Incumbent must have knowledge of core processes and development techniques and is responsible for overall ownership of project delivery.
General Job Duties
• Lead an agile development team through the IHS Automotive Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to deliver high quality solutions for business requirements.
• Establishes industry standard processes and best practices for application development.
• Collaborates with Product, Operations and other cross-functional groups to get timeline commitments for timely and quality delivery.
• Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
• Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
• Collaborate with other developers as necessary to resolve different tasks.
• Work independently as necessary.
• Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
• Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
• Perform other duties as required.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Business Management or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• High collaborative and communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
• Ability to lead teams with highly skilled architects and senior Software Engineers and hold everyone accountable for achieving team goals
• Previous hands-on experience in creating and providing technical solutions is a big plus
• A good understanding of current technologies and solution patterns is a plus
• Experience in the automotive domain is a plus
• Strong presentation and conflict resolution skills.
• Reports directly to development management.
• Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
• Participates in meetings with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to assess business needs.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.