Technical Reporting Analyst - Tableau
This individual will be responsible to be a senior independent contributor of the reporting and analytics team in addition to performing the role of a hands-on business analyst in the reporting space. This individual will be expected to drive solution development and helping the team evaluate multiple solution options and pick the most appropriate solution for each use case. As an experienced professional in the BI & Analytics space this individual will be relied upon to provide guidance/thought leadership in the project execution delivery space working with the IT organization and vendors. As part of the overall responsibilities within the group, this individual will also contribute to drive the reporting and analytics initiatives as required.
Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
- Assist the manager for the Reporting and Analytics team and provide thought leadership and technical guidance to the team to meet delivery timelines.
- Document business requirements for reporting requests, provide training to business users, support cases (requests), lead reporting POC(s) as needed.
- Work with the data warehouse team to defining processes and guidelines and establishing ownership and checklists
- Collaborate with the IT project management to ensure delivery timelines are consistently met and the data and report quality meets user expectations.
- Work with Reporting and Analytics manager to define the Reporting & Analytics strategy for Sales Analytics.
- Assist with POC on new tools and technologies and help develop strategies for reporting automation.
- Help the broader business systems team for strategic projects and help capture reporting & analytics requirements for new applications and integration of new organizations merged/acquired by Moodys Analytics
- Assist in defining and developing the Analytics framework for Sales Analytics and help create the right data and tool infrastructure to support the framework
Scope/Supervision and Interaction: This position works as a senior individual contributor within the Moodys Analytics' business groups and will interact with senior internal personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree, 2 - 5 years related information systems experience
- 2 - 3 years of reporting and analytics experience.
- System/business analysis experience required.
- Ability to resolve complex analytical issues.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
Key Tech and Non-Technical Skills:
- Understanding of simple to complex SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions
- Hands on report development using Tableau.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite of products with strong emphasis on advanced Excel skills
- Experience in the Salesforce.com application and platform a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Management Studio
- Basic understanding of application s design
- Understanding and ability to apply Software Development Life Cycle practices and methodologies in a team collaboration environment.
- Strong background in business process analysis, requirements, and design, as well as data modeling, prototyping and detailed functional design.
- Expert understanding of data analysis, including root-cause analysis, and other process modeling and systems design tools.
- Ability collaborate with multiple stakeholders and create consensus.
- Strategic thinking and strong orientation to detail.
- Good at identifying simplest possible solutions complex problems
- Technical Architectural bend of mind - ability to include scalability, stability and sustainability into the equation before proposing solutions.
- Good to have Data analysis experience with R/Python/SAS or any other analytical engine.
- Good to have experience using Business Intelligence tools including Cognos, Business Objects, SSRS or other decision support tools
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.