US Regime Management Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Manage the U.S. Regulatory Operations team to define and deliver on strategic direction for the regulatory regimes managed out of the U.S., which include certain regional Americas regimes.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Responsible for executing and supervising the processes and controls for US Regulatory Operations.
- Ensure that the U.S. Regulatory Operations' process and controls are well defined, documented and operating effectively through oversight of offshore GBS (Global Business Services) teams.
- Rationalize regulatory changes impacting FM (Financial Markets) Operations' processes and controls
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Develop the US FM Regulatory Operations direct reports' key skillsets in a structured framework that provides visibility on progress, gaps and direction.
- Manage relevant regimes' risks and issues, and ensure they are visible across relevant governance.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group, as well as an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them. This includes identification of key issues and risks for US Regulatory Operations team, and responsible to put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Act as Regulatory Operations US's regulatory regimes' risk control owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework from an operational process ownership perspective.
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (e.g. processes and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the US Regulatory Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Responsible for the management of the following stakeholders: Operations, Technology, Compliance, Legal, COO team, Front Office (Trade/Sales), regulators, external vendors and other external stakeholders as applicable.
- Act as lead point of operational contact for all stakeholders to the relevant regimes.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in US Regulatory Operations team.
- Ensure an ongoing strong understanding of the regulatory transaction reporting landscape, and post-trade regulations and requirements. This includes a strong familiarity with Dodd-Frank and other regulatory regimes overseen by US Regulatory Operations team.
- Effective ongoing understanding of OTC derivatives.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.